- Personal information we collect
- Use of your information
- How Pfizer handles privacy internally
- Updating your personal information and contacting Pfizer
Pfizer is not responsible for how other Sites treat your privacy once you leave a Pfizer Site.
Personal information we collect
Information we collect from visitors
Visitors to each of Pfizer’s Sites (i.e. other than those hosted by third parties) can access such Site's home page, and access some areas of the site, without disclosing any personally identifiable information. We do track information provided to us by your browser, including the website you came from (known as the referring URL), the type of browser you use, the time and date of access, and other information that does not personally identify you. On some of our Sites, you may have to register to access portions of the Site
In addition, we gather information about you that is automatically collected by our web server, such as your IP address and domain name. Pfizer may use web server and browser information to individually customize its offerings and presentations if you submit your personal information.
Information we collect
Visitors may provide their identifying information, such as name, email address and contact information, which information is optional and may be given at your discretion only.
- We also collect information that you voluntarily provide to us through responses to surveys, search functions, questionnaires, job postings, queries, complaints, feedback and the like.
- On some of our Sites, we offer health assessment tools that ask you to provide self-assessment information.
- We may also ask you to provide additional information such as your e-mail address, contact information if you want to obtain additional services or information or to resolve complaints or concerns.
You can disable cookies by turning them off in your browser, however, some of the areas of this site may not function properly if you do so.
In addition, we may use other tracking systems like pixel-tags. Pixel tags, sometimes called web beacons, are similar in function to a cookie. But because of their insignificant size, it is not visible; though, they are used to pass certain information to our servers to personalize our Sites and to track your usage across other Pfizer Sites. In addition, we may also use pixel tags in our HTML based e-mails.
How we use the information
We may gather aggregate data from the information provided by the visitors to our Sites and share your personally identifiable information with other Pfizer businesses or affiliates, our agents, contractor or business partners in order that they may perform services for us. We use our best efforts to assure that such third parties agree to abide by Pfizer privacy policies and enter into appropriate agreements to ensure that the third parties who receive your information implement security measures commensurate to our security standards.
If we discover that a third party working on behalf of Pfizer inappropriately disclosed personal information about any of our visitors, we will take immediate action to prevent further occurrences.
Other than as described above, Pfizer will not release personally identifiable information to a third party.
Our Site may provide a referral function whereby you may choose to use it to tell a friend about our site. Our site will ask you for your friend's name and e-mail address as well as your information. The form automatically sends your friend a one-time e-mail inviting him or her to visit the Site. We do not access or store this information, except to send this invitation.
Protection of information
How Pfizer handles privacy internally
Our commitment to security
We have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security, and correctly use the information we collect online. While we strive to protect your personal data against potential risks and exposures, the absolute security of data in the online sphere cannot be guaranteed. Hence, we ask you to support our information security efforts by not disclosing any data on our Sites that is particularly sensitive (including financial information, information relating to physical, physiological and mental health, sexual orientation etc.) or not required in the specific context on any of our Sites. Furthermore, you can help us protecting your personal data by signing off when you finished using log-in protected areas of the Site.
Storage of information
In addition to aggregate information (discussed previously), we may share some kinds of information with third parties as described below.
- Companies and people who work for us: Because we are a large company, we contract with other companies and individuals to help us provide services. For example, we may host some of our Sites on another company's computers, hire technical consultants to maintain our web-based health sites, or work with companies to remove repetitive information from customer lists, analyze data, provide marketing assistance, and provide customer service. In order to perform their jobs, these other companies may have limited access to some of the personal information we maintain about our users. Other companies may collect information on our behalf through their sites. We require such companies to comply with the terms of our privacy policies, to limit their access to any personal information to the minimum necessary to perform their obligations, and not to use the information they may access for purposes other than fulfilling their responsibilities to us. We use our best efforts to limit other companies’ use of personally identifiable or health care information.
- Promotional and informational offers: Sometimes we may send offers to selected groups of customers. To accomplish this we may use third parties working on behalf of Pfizer. We provide a variety of mechanisms for you to tell us you do not want to receive such promotional - informational offers. For example, we may provide an opt-in box for customers to receive information that is sent by a third-party fulfillment house, and we make clear that, by opting in, you are submitting your data to a third-party. You can elect not to receive promotional or informational material from us by following the instructions to opt-out as mentioned or included in each of our programs we send to you.
- Legal requirements: We may release account and other personal information when we believe release is required to comply with law. We may release personal health information if, in our judgment after review by a lawyer, the release is compelled by law or regulation, or if the release may be necessary to prevent the death or serious injury of an individual.
- Links to other websites: We may from time to time provide links to third party websites for your convenience and information. We may also use third party websites, social media platforms and pages therein which would hosted and owned by third parties. Such third party websites are not controlled by us. When you visit such other website or social media platform, you do so at your own risk. Such third party websites or social media platforms may have their own privacy policies in place, which we recommend that you review if you visit any such websites or social media platforms. We do not, assume any responsibility or liability arising out of, or associated with the use of such third party websites or social media platforms, the content of such websites (other than content managed by Pfizer) and their privacy practices, nor do we endorse them. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with the privacy policies provided by such other websites or social media platforms prior to providing them with information about you, or entering into any transactions on them.
- Phishing: Identity theft and the practice currently known as "phishing" are of great concern to us. Safeguarding information to help protect you from identity theft is a priority for us. We do not and will not, at any time, request your credit or debit card information, bank account numbers, PIN numbers or passwords in a non-secure, or unsolicited e-mail or telephone communication. Please refrain from providing such information through any non-secure medium.
Updating your personal information and contacting Pfizer
You can always contact us in order to (i) remove the personal information that you have provided to us from our systems, (ii) update the personal information that you have provided to us, and (iii) change your preferences with respect to marketing contacts by e-mailing your grievance to email@example.com if available also logging into your account (with the relevant Site, if any) to update your information.
You may note that a request for deletion of your personal information may lead to the cancellation of your registration with our Site, restriction of your access to certain features of the Site, as well as cessation of certain services.
Pfizer Healthcare India Private Limited,Emerald Building, 237 Anna Salai,Chennai- 600006